The Rees Hotel, Luxury Apartments, Queenstown
Your moment to be exceptional has arrived at The Rees Hotel, Queenstown! The Head Chef is
responsible for the day-to-day management of the Kitchen Team, overseeing the food
preparation, production and implementation of menus which are designed to deliver innovative,
safe food in a manner that meets market / customer needs and is within budgeted guidelines.
The Head Chef’s brief also includes meeting and wherever possible, exceeding, customer and
guest expectations, enabling the Food & Beverage operation to be recognised as purveyors of
consistent and high-quality cuisine.
- Looking to progress your culinary career and learn from the best?
- Step-up for a creative Sous Chef
- Let your flair for extraordinary quality and hunger to succeed shine at our proudly unique,
successful independent Qualmark Gold rated luxury property in Queenstown, New Zealand – the adventure captital of the world!
- This is a hands-on, gastronomic Head Chef role – where you’ll be front and centre in the
Kitchen, under the guidance and mentorship of Ben Batterbury – Executive Chef
- True South Dining Room’s reputation and our pedigree speaks for
Skills, experience and attributes
- Have at least 10 years cooking experience in quality establishments, with experience in
5-Star properties highly regarded
- Staff Management and recruitment experience essential
- Experience of managing stock-takes key
- Experience with POS and Microsoft programs needed
- Experience with CMS or similar hotel reservations system desirable
- Excellent organisational ability a must-have
- Effective communication skills vital for success in this position
- In-depth understanding of Food Safety and impeccable hygiene practices
- A relevant qualification at diploma or degree level desirable along with a relevant industry
- High standard of personal presentation essential
- Passionate about guest experience
- Attention to detail
- Physically fit
- Available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, weekends and public holidays
- Enjoys managing and leading the Kitchen Team, with the assistance of The Executive
Chef/Food & Beverage Manager – with a strong emphasis on Health & Safety leadership,
training, coaching and supporting staff performance and development. A long term commitment to Queenstown
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive remuneration on offer for a highly-skilled and driven Head Chef with proven
- Staff Accommodation available for a maximum of 6 months (subject to availability)
- Excellent Rewards & Recognition Programme
Amazing career opportunity to work in our award winning and now extended 5-Star
restaurant, working closely with our highly-acclaimed Executive Chef – Ben Baterbury
(Best Hotel Chef 2017 – Australasia – Hospitality Management Awards) and an
exceptional team committed to treating our guests to a mouth-wateringly memorable
True South Dining Room experience in Queenstown!
Applications from New Zealand and/or Australian residents highly encouraged
Applications close 24 Jun 2018
To apply, simply visit our Careers Website and recruitment system – QJumpers:
Just click on the Head Chef role and select the Apply Now button.