Trades Assistant – Machine Operator
At Peak Power Services our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to
our communities across Queenstown and Wanaka and have played a significant role in the areas
amazing growth through the development and management of low and high voltage electricity
We have a vacancy for a Trades Assistant to join our team in this beautiful adventure capital.
About the role:
This is a full time position, based in Queenstown, 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The Trades Assistant role is an integral part of our team. The successful candidate will be responsible
for a range of duties including but not limited to loading, transporting and assisting in installation of
highly valuable electrical distribution equipment.
Skills and Experience:
While the following skills and licences are highly regarded, most importantly the candidate will be
willing to listen, learn, communicate, and work cooperatively in a positive, safety focussed, team
environment. We can teach the skills if the candidate has the will.
• Current clean NZ Drivers Licence, with at least one of Classes 1,2 or 4
• Experience/licences working with machinery including trucks, trailers, hydraulic cranes,
earth moving equipment, mechanical winches and pulling equipment
• Longer term Queenstown residence is favourable
• Capable of lifting, working with bulky equipment and willing to get stuck in
• A cooperative, team player
• High level of integrity
• Open and honest
• Willing to listen, learn and develop themselves with the support of the business
• Committed and willing to take responsibility for their safety and that of their work mates
• Respects valuable equipment and takes pride in their work
• Innovative problem solver
If you believe you are a good match to the above criteria we would welcome your application
Follow the link below to apply and download a position description and apply. A current CV and Cover letter will be required to support your application