Wakatipu Youth Trust is seeking expressions of interest for a Treasurer Trustee.
Wakatipu Youth Trust is a charitable trust with the purpose of advocating for and supporting
youth in the Wakatipu district. The Trust has been operating for six years and is managed by
a team of voluntary Trustees.
WYT was runner up for the Queenstown Lakes Trustpower Youth and Education Community
Award 2017. To learn more about the fantastic work the Trust does with and for our youth,
please view our latest Annual Report on our website: www.wakatipuyouthtrust.co.nz
The Treasurer’s role is to:
– Oversee the financial affairs of the Trust and ensure they are legal, constitutional
and within accepted accounting practice.
– Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
– Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
– Liaise with the Regional Youth Trust funding manager to ensure grant applications
and accountability are up to date.
– Produce financial reports/returns.
All trustees must be passionate and knowledgeable about current youth issues,
trustworthy, well organised and committed to the work of the Trust.
A job description can be viewed at www.wakatipuyouthtrust.co.nz
Please note that this is volunteer role.
Expressions of interest due on 16 March 2018.
If you would like to contribute your skills to our community through the Trust’s work with
our youth, please send your CV with a covering letter to Joel Peasey, Chairperson, Wakatipu
Youth Trust, PO Box 1948, Queenstown or email